Monday, August 3, 2009

not me! monday

welcome to not me! monday. this blog carnival was created by mckmama. you can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.




first off, i have NOT been thinking and praying for stellan and the whole mckfamily this week. and checking twitter for updates has NOT been a priority to me. nope, i did NOT unsuccessfully try to avoid a shopping trip to target one day just so i could stay home, close to the computer...

while scrambling to find something to wear to church sunday morning i did NOT grab the new shirt that i wore on friday night for our family pictures. it was definitely NOT the unwashed shirt that was NOT gently laying in the hamper... i did NOT freshen it up with a spritz of perfume, concluding that my dirty, perfume masked shirt was NOT the nicest shirt i own. i do NOT need new clothes...!

ryan is NOT beginning to show his 2-year-old colors. he has NOT been defiant and stubborn lately. note, adorably defiant and stubborn. and in a moment of his deliberate naughtiness, instead of administering some much needed discipline, heather and i did NOT burst out in laughter. ahh, this should be a fun year with ryan!

in an attempt to do some kung-fu moves on me, my husband did NOT totally biff and land on his already injured bad knee. immediately following the fall i did NOT hear girlish laughter/crying. but on the upside, ben's spirits were NOT lifted due to the fact that my sister got some great action shots...



i did NOT have a couple heart to heart discussions about marriage with samantha this week. it did NOT make me sad and a little bit scared, considering she's only 6 years old. one day out of the blue she did NOT say to me, "mom, i just don't know who to choose to marry---him* or him*---last night i was just laying in bed thinking about who i should choose." oh goodness, i will NOT have my hands full with her for the next 12+ years. and after reading this, ben will NOT want to invest in a shotgun.

*i promised i wouldn't tell any names. come to think of it, i might have promised not to tell this story... shhh.


there you have it. what have you NOT done this week?

9 comments:

Alicia said...

Kaylyn is doing the marrying thing too! First she insisted on marrying her daddy and I simply explained not possible because I am married to him. Now she thinks she is going to marry her brother...we are definitely having a talk when she gets older!

Furry Bottoms said...

I cannot stop laughing at Ryan's pictures!!! GREAT shots... and a great Not Me Monday! :)

Heather said...

you forgot to mention that you did NOT almost forget it was Taco Monday! Glad I made your week by reminding you! :)

Paging Doctor Mommy said...

Reagan asks about getting married, but I think it is more because of my job as The Bride's Assistant.

Those pics of your hubby are CRAZY!

Ashley @ {Let Go, Laughing} said...

those are some crazy pictures... i have to say though, the one in the bottom right corner kinda looks like he is doing a ballet twirl or something.. haha. don't tell him, he probably wouldn't like to hear that :)

sounds like you need to invest in a phone that you can check twitter on! i would probably being doing the same thing if i couldn't constantly check for updates!

happy monday!

Sonya said...

That is so funny about Ben and his kung fu moves. Looks like he needs to practice. Wow about Samantha. I know that I have that to look forward to as well. YIKES!!! Sorry about Ryan and the terrible 2 ness! We are almost there with Lauren's attitude. She throws fits like drinking water. Ok I don't know if that analogy works or not but I am sure that you get my drift!!!!!!!!!

Jess(ica) said...

Love the kung fu pics! that is so funny! And i love how you are just standing there, totally not fearing for your life! haha

Funny about Samantha... I have trouble finding one to marry at age 28 and she is trying to choose between 2 at age 6 LOL!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Oh, I am so very glad that I have boys! No talk about that stuff here yet! Elijah is more concerned with his rockets! Very cute stuff, my dear!!

Michelle said...

Funny stuff! My son is the same age as your little one! He acts the same way. Plus, he's getting his 2 year old molars in, so it lasts alll night looong!