Tuesday, May 26, 2009

tuesday tip

when you're going on a fun, photo-op filled, family outing that occurs maybe once or twice a year, and you take your camera, your three lenses, and your extra battery, by all means CHECK TO MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE A MEMORY CARD!

simple, yet apparently too complex for me!

yeah.... yesterday we went to the zoo. the two times we've been there were both in november when it was freezing. and being that it was november, not all of the animals were out because it was too cold. so yesterday when we went we were so excited to see the elephants and giraffes and rhinos for the first time. and wouldn't you know, when i went to take my first picture the lcd said "no memory card!" needless to say ben was giving me crap about that ALL day!

luckily for me we decided to buy a family pass this year. so we'll be back--soon! and so will my camera. with lenses. and batteries. and memory cards! so until then i'll leave you with my favorite exhibit from last time!


9 comments:

Heather said...

yeah, i've NEVER done anything so stupid! :) great story!


wv: orses an animal you COULD have taken a picture of at the zoo

A day in the Life... said...

ahh yes that IS frustrating! It has happened to me a time or 10. lol

Alicia said...

If it makes you feel any better I do that all the time...so much that my hubby bought several memory cards so that when I take one out of the camera and leave it in the computer while I am uploading them there is always a few still in the camera bag!

Becky said...

don't feel too bad about forgetting your MC.... I would probably forget the camera!

Ace said...

Totally sounds like something I'd do. When we did weddings, I'd pack the camera bag and he would go through and make sure it was all there.

Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

Ohhhh...that sort of thing makes me cry! And I do it more than I'd like!!

Paging Doctor Mommy said...

The first time we took Reagan to the zoo I forgot to put the batteries back in the camera from where I had charged them the night before!

Chare said...

I forgot to take my memory card to the Awana award night. How bummed am I about that :(

What kind of camera do you have? I want to get a new "real" one but don't know what to get. Katie S. told me the one that I want might be too big of a jump for me to start out with...

Ashley @ {Let Go, Laughing} said...

i've never forgotten the memory card (because i never take it out of the camera) but i HAVE gotten some place important and turned on my camera only for it to tell me "change batteries" and die on me.

so frustrating!