Monday, August 23, 2010

walmart rant

dear lazy and impatient walmart* parking lot drivers:

when i exit walmart* and push the cart to my car, please don't sit there waiting for me and holding up traffic just so that you can have my space. do you not realize that i have a full cart of stuff to unload, a toddler to get in a carseat, and a cart to push back to the cart corral? really, you're not gonna make me go any faster. on the contrary, i will go slower just to prove a point (whatever that may be). seriously, just take the empty space two spots down. do you really think my parking spot that is over halfway to the end of the parking lot is gonna be any better? no—you're still gonna have to walk!!

sincerely,
pregnant and irritated

*while such happenings have occurred many times at walmart, i do not exclude the possibility of this scenario taking place at any other store. and in no way do i blame walmart for the rudeness of their customers, as i myself am rude in purposely making them wait longer!

4 comments:

Jess(ica) said...

i HATE walmart! Reasons like this and many other are why I've REFUSED to spend one dime there in many, many years. (I will occasionally go there if I have to with someone else to go and see all the stereotypes I have about they typical walmart shopper (not you, my target loving friend) reiterated though haha)

Laura Marchant said...

Oh I totally dislike when people do this. It just happened to me on Monday at the grocery store. The guy backed up to wait and held up all this traffic. I had two kids and a cartful of stuff to take care of. He still waited.

Heather said...

I'm totally with ya there, sister! I would have (and have) done the same thing... sometimes even sitting in my car just to see how long they'll wait for me to back out. yep, i'm mean! :)

Nicole said...

That is such a pet peeve of mine too! Ugh! And yup, I usually just sit in my car and then as soon as they pull forward I will back out and let one of the cars that was stuck in line waiting for that first car take my spot! :)