Thursday, January 15, 2009

thankful thursday

new beginnings. second chances.

it's great to start a new year, isn't it? it gives me a fresh feeling. like i just cleaned the whole entire house and it's spotless. it's a spring morning and there's a nice warm breeze blowing through the window. it smells fresh and new. it's invigorating.
(if only that would actually happen -- at the stroke of midnight, the start of a new year, that my house would clean itself. man that would be nice. but i digress.)

with the wonderful feeling that comes with a new beginning, this new year got me thinking that i don't have to wait 365 days for that newness to come around. every day i get to start over again. God, in His graciousness, has allowed me to start every day fresh with Him. it doesn't matter what i did yesterday, last week, or last month. every morning that i wake up God gives me a new start, a second chance, to live my life pleasing and honoring to Him. of course every day i fail, but God doesn't. His mercies are new to me every morning!!

Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.

Lamentations 3:22-23 NIV

No comments: