Thursday, May 28, 2009

thankful thursday

today ben brought a box turtle home from work. he found it at the job site and thought samantha would like to see it. he even thought we could make a little home for it in our backyard. but as it turns out, my research shows that a turtle won't survive in our backyard!


well, tonight i'm thankful that we won't have another addition to our family--the fish are neglected enough! but at the same time i'm kinda sad. we played with the turtle this afternoon and she was lots of fun.


so in addition to being thankful that rosie the turtle (yes, i let samantha name her...) will be going back to her home, i'm also thankful that ben said we didn't have to bring her back until monday. so we get the whole weekend to play with rosie. (and a whole weekend to try to keep her alive!) more pictures to come!


oh, and i totally welcome any advice on how to keep a turtle alive! :-)

6 comments:

Alicia said...

I love turtles for some reason. Just yesterday I was driving and I saw one in the middle of the road trying to cross. I pulled over and helped him safely to the other side. He was so darn slow...I didnt want him to get hit!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Elijah is beyond excited to see those pics! We have never seen a box turtle, only painted and ugly snappers!
Rosie is quite cute, and will do just fine inthe backyard. Feed her greens and veggies. They might not even need to eat!

Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

You're such a fun mom!! I don't know if I'd be so thankful to be babysitting a turtle. :)

jessica clark said...

We used to have pet turtles when I was a kid! Do you have a little kid pool (the hard plastic kind, not the blow up kind)? You could put some water in that and if you have some big rocks (so the turtle can rest on it) put those in there too...

Ace said...

Ew, sorry but turtles rank right up there with snakes, snails, slugs, frogs... I could keep going.

Ashley @ {Let Go, Laughing} said...

The picture of Samantha and Rosie at the end is so adorable.

You are such a fun mom!

I have no turtle advice but I look forward to seeing more pictures before Rosie has to go back :)